Monday, July 28, 2014

who's hiding in there?


It's today my friends! While most of you are at work, I'm sleeping in {jelly?} because I have my 10am appointment to finally figure out who's been hiding out in the Chateau Womb. My parents are driving up and we're all going to the appointment together. It's going to be a swamped sonogram room but I'm really just crossing my fingers that the baby cooperates and shows us the goods.

The wait for this ultrasound from the 12 week one has been an eternity. I kid you not. So, to pass the time, I decided to try out some of the old wives' tales. It's totally hokey and you might feel silly doing some of them, but overall, it's fun. No, I take approximately 0% stock in what any of them mean.

Here are some of the tests I did:

Chinese Calendar: This one you need something to actually calculate. You can do it by conception date {if you know it} or due date. I used this one over at Babycenter.

Mayan Calendar: This one is pretty easy - you take your age and the year you conceived. If they are both even or both odd, it's a girl. If one is even and the other is odd, it's a boy.

Wedding Ring: This is the one I felt really silly doing. You put your wedding ring on a string or a hair and hold it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, it's a girl. If it swings back and forth, it's a boy. Since I shed like a golden retriever, I grabbed a hair and tried it.

Skin: This one is simple - if you're breaking out like a mofo {or like me}, it's a girl. If you have clear skin, boy.

Heartbeat: If your baby's heartbeat is 140 beats+, girl. Under 140 beats, boy.

Morning Sickness: Head in the toilet? Girl. Not so much? Boy.

Mood: This one I found odd. If you're moody, expect a girl. If you're even tempered, boy. I mean, doesn't everyone get mood swings from all the hormones flying around? That being said, I think I've been pretty even tempered. At least in front of Carl.

Bump: Carrying high, then it's a girl. Carrying low, then it's a boy.

So, what do the old wives say?

They say snips, snails, and puppy dog tails are in my future. Along with trucks, dirt, and all the other fun stuff.

We'll find out soon - wish me luck!

5 comments:

K said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I can't believe the day is here! I'll be waiting!!!

Megan said...

AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!! So exciting! I can't believe it is already that time. Even though like you said it took forever to get here! I hope the baby cooperates and you can see clearly what you are having!!! Can't wait to find out! Have a great day!

Lex said...

Good luck, good luck! Can't wait to find out! :)

Kenya said...

Congrats on girl!! Saw your insta before this post. Hahahaha

Stacy Jackson said...

So exciting!! Cant wait to hear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...